Risk Assessment Principles
Environmental risk is the likelihood of injury, disease, or death resulting from human exposure to a potential environmental hazard. Learners will explore the three key steps of risk assessment: hazard characterization, dose-response evaluation, and human exposure evaluation.
By the end of the module, learners should be able to:
- Describe how severity of occupational hazards is expressed
- Illustrate how hazard severity and exposure are combined to characterize risk
- Identify strategies to assess worker exposures to potential hazards
- Explain approaches to managing risk once it has been characterized
- Recognize uncertainties associated with risk management